Trump = Textbook Narcissism. You Can't Make This Stuff Up.
DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria (this is literally the textbook definition)
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
- Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
- Requires excessive admiration.
- Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
- Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
- Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
The following is a list of actual quotes from Mr. Donald J. Trump:
"I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created."
On his personality:
"People say, 'Mr. Trump, you’re not a nice person.' But actually I am."
"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser -- having a healthy ego, or high opinion of yourself, is a real positive in life!"
On his intellect:
"I promise you that I'm much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz -- I mean Jon Stewart @TheDailyShow. Who, by the way, is totally overrated."
"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault."
"I don't have a racist bone in my body."
"I've always had a great relationship with the blacks."
The last thing he apologized for:
"It was too many years ago to remember. I have one of the great memories of all time, but it was too long ago."
On how women perceive him (Trump speaking of himself in 3rd person):
"Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money."
Regarding The Iranian Nuclear Deal:
"I have studied this issue in great detail, greater by far than anyone else."
On his apartment:
"There may be no other apartment in the world like it."
"I show [my] apartment to very few people. Presidents. Kings."
On his books:
"Don't let the brevity of these passages prevent you from savoring the profundity of the advice you are about to receive."
Even Trump's Physician report:
"(Trump) will be healthiest individual ever elected"
(note: we speculate it was written by Trump and simply signed/approved by his doctor)
Got another favorite Trump = Textbook Narcissism quote? Feel free to add in the comments below!